Last NEWS update for the 2020-2021 season.
“NEWS” about the Hawthorne Softball Website. Since the website is a “work in process”, it’s continually being updated during the season. Find out what’s changed HERE.
The 2020-21 Senior Softball Season has come to an end. Division 5 and Division 6 teams participated in “End of Season” Tournaments during the week of 3/29/21.
Despite the CoVid Pandemic, we got in ALMOST a full season. Teams played all but a handful of regularly scheduled games. I’ll post a summary of the 2020-2021 season (under ARTICLES) in the next week or so.
At this time, the Hawthorne Softball Club plans to have 4 Senior Softball teams in 2021-22. They are expected to be in the same divisions (Sun and Fun 3, 5, 6 and Tri-County Ladies Softball Division 3).
If you’ve ever wondered about some of the Player Statistics on this website, read the brief article available on the Statistics Menu. It explains fielder’s choices, reached on an error, sacrifices and the ever popular OBP.
STANDINGS and STATISTICS for all teams are now FINAL. I don’t include tournament games which are NOT part of the regular season.
OVER THE SUMMER LOOK FOR:
- A new PHOTO GALLERY format with LARGER photos. I still have one set of unused gallery photos, so I’ll post them when I get the new “Widget” up and running.
- In the near future, I’ll set up a special gallery of Team Photos.
- An article summarizing the 2020-2021 season.
- Possibly a new display format – I’ll be experimenting with new “display” formats as soon as I’m sure I can’t “blow up” the website by changing it.
- Information on summer play – intersquad (Tuesdays and Fridays in APRIL)
- Information on summer play – between parks (days To Be Determined) starting in MAY and continuing into SEPTEMBER.
- Announcements concerning teams and practice starting the first week of OCTOBER.
We are blessed with a plethora of Sponsors (38 at my last count.) We encourage you to use their services and, when you do, let them know you’re a Hawthorne Softball Player/Supporter.
I’m now taking advantage of one of the special features of “WordPress” – the computer program used to create this website. Whenever you come to the website and whenever you choose a menu item, you’ll see one of the four Hawthorne Softball teams. They’re randomized, so you’ll see a different team each time you move from page to page.
When I get the TEAM PHOTO GALLERY up and running, I’ll return to using “action photos” in the UPDATE page.